It very easy to clean your tiles frequently but when it comes to grout it becomes very difficult. You see grout cement si an integral part of any tile installation. Grout cement not only helps in providing strength and durability to tiles but it also helps in keeping the tile installation fixed together. As we all know the, most common colour of grout is white and white is always prone to getting dirty and dull. Porous cement of grout is prone to trap loads of dirt, dust and debris which can darken and blacken the grout cement. Grout cleaning is highly suggested for keeping your grout clean and white. Ignoring the cleaning of grout will affect the appearance of your tile installation making it dull and ugly. You can always hire tile and grout stain cleaning services for deep and effective cleaning of the grout. Grout repainting is a professional service that can recolour the grout cement. You can also use this DIY which we are providing you to get your grout clean and whiten it instantly. Follow the steps and instructions mentioned below to whiten the grout cement at home.
DIY For Whitening the Grout
- First, you need to clean the grout with a detergent water solution. Pour this solution over grout cement extensively.
- Now take an old toothbrush and rub and scrub the grout repeatedly. A toothbrush can provide deep and effective cleaning of the grout and also removes all the dirt and debris trapped in grout cement.
- Mop the entire tile flooring with a wet cloth and also clean the grout with it. Remove all the detergent and debris leftover the tile installation.
- To whiten the grout cement you will need oxygenated bleach. Bleach is an excellent chemical that can remove all the blackness or the grout cement and restores its original shiny white colour.
- Prepare a solution of oxygenated bleach with warm water. Fill an empty spray bottle with one part of bleach and ten parts of warm water.
- Now spray this mixture on dirty and blackened grout extensively. Make sure it reaches the entire area of grout cement. Let the bleach solution rest on grout cement for a few minutes.
- Scrub and rub the grout surface with an old toothbrush. You can also use any nylon-bristled brush to clean the grout deeply and effectively.
- After brushing and scrubbing the grout clean the entire surface with a wet cloth and get rid of all the dirt and bleach solution.
- For extremely dirty and blackened grout cement you will need to use baking soda along with oxygenated bleach.
- Make a thick paste by adding two parts of baking soda and one part of oxygenated bleach. Baking soda along with bleach will whiten then extremely darkened grout cement.
- Apply this paste extensively to the dirty grout. Cover the entire area of grout cement with this paste. Let the paste rest on the grout for a few minutes. Baking soda will remove the dirt trapped and also whiten the grout inside out.
- Scrub the grout repeatedly by using hard bristled brush or any old toothbrush. Keep rubbing and scrubbing the grout till the blackness or darkness slowly fades away. Leave the grout surface untouched for another 10 minutes.
- Now you need to remove all the dried soda and bleach paste. Rinse a wet cloth in plain water and clean the grout cement.
- Remove all the remaining paste and debris left on grout and clean and mop the entire tile and grout surface with water again.
We are an established firm in the field of professional tile cleaning services. We provide our customers with all kinds of Tile Cleaning in Hobart. Our professional tile cleaners are trained and experienced individuals. Equipped with all the latest tools and equipment, we can deliver the best and effective cleaning of tiles in no time. Allow our experts to deep clean your tiles today and get rid of all the stubborn stains easily. We will deliver deep and effective cleaning of any kind of tile installation at low and reasonable costs.