The swimming pool is a luxury in our houses. If the tiles or grout in the swimming pool is dirty, the water in it will also look dirty. Maintenance of pool is a necessary work, or swimming pool will become unhygienic and useless. Thus, a swimming pool must be cleaned properly once in a while. There are many ways to clean a swimming pool, below you can learn the easy and hard ways to clean the pool.
Cleaning The Tiles
Before cleaning anything, remove all the leaves and trash from the pool. Also, remove any object around the pool.
- There are some environment-friendly spray cleaners available in the market. You can use them to clean the tiles.
- Use a nylon brush and spray cleaner on the affected area. Scrub the stained area with a brush. If you have a small swimming pool, two men will be enough for this task. For a bigger pool, you need more manpower.
- You can also rent a pressure washer as well. The pressure washer uses water and turned it into pressured steamed when you point the nozzle at tiles and grout can clean all the dirt without using any other things. Note: Set the pressure between 2000 to 2600 PSI.
Cleaning The Pool Using Muriatic Acid
Acid solution will also work on tile and can make the tiles new. But the procedure is quite difficult and unsafe at some point. Also, this method is not environment-friendly and may damage your health if the chemicals came to contact with your body. However, you can seek professional help. If you’re doing this on your own, follow the precautions.
- Wear a protective outfit. Wear a mask, goggles and rubber gloves for feet and hand
- Now add muriatic acid (HCL) in water with an equal consistency of water and acid prepare the solution and apply it to the tiles with an acid-proof brush
- Scrub the floor using the acid proof brush
- Pour around 1 kilogram of soda ash for 4 litres of muriatic acid (i.e 1 Galon). It will neutralize the acid on tiles so that acid can be wash out easily.
- When you complete the cleaning. Use a water pump and rinse the swimming pool thoroughly, rinse your protective clothing as well. Do not leave any sign of acid anywhere.
Following these, you can have a neat and clean swimming pool. Ready for fun and good times.
Professionals Do It Better
Marks Tile & Grout Cleaning is a professional tile cleaner. We clean everything, choose from our wide range of services. The swimming pool requires attention leaving it to us will give you best results. We are the best cleaning company in Australia, give us a call and book your swimming pool cleaning.