Shiny and clean looking tiles are the thing which every hygienic dweller aspires and dreams of having in their homes, offices or shops. The secret of this glitter in the tiles is a clean grout. Tiles are having dirt and stain resisting properties but the porous and semi-rough linings between the tiles absorb dirt. Even spills can stain your tiles easily. Speaking of home, spills are the main reason of dirty grouts in kitchen. Soap, mold and mildews make grout dirty in the bathroom. You can carry on the grout cleaning procedure using the following techniques.
Articles that you need
For this task, you require hot water, a cleaning solution, vinegar, a small scrub brush or toothbrush. An electric toothbrush can also do wonders if there is a need for extra scrubbing along with a hand spray bottle.
You have to wipe down the line of grout with hot water. Spray the cleaning solution over it. Now mix water with vinegar in 1:1 ratio in the spray bottle and spray that evenly over the grout. Using the small scrub brush or toothbrush or the electric toothbrush, scrub the grout gently. Avoid the use of metal brush as it might bring grout particles out of its place and make the grout level uneven. After getting the clean looking grout on scrubbing, rinse the grout thoroughly with hot water.
- For stubborn grout stains, prepare a paste out of baking soda and water in 2:1 ratio. Apply the paste to the stain and let it sit overnight. After that, scrub with a nylon brush and then wash off with hot water.
- For coarse and porous tiles like marble, do not use vinegar as it can stain up the tile. In this case, prepare a less acidic solution out of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda in 1:2 ratio. Follow up by scrubbing of the grout using a soft brush. After attaining ample shine, wash it off with hot water.
- For light grout stains, use sandpaper to get rid of them. Fold the sandpaper in such a way so that the creased edge forms the outer wall and then scrub the grout gently. After this, rub the grout with a pencil top eraser or normal eraser. Henceforth, wash the grout thoroughly by hot water.
- For stains since a long period, a mix of Epsom salt, baking soda, and cleaning solution in the ratio of 4:2:1 is best. Apply it on the grout and rub it with a clean cloth. After cleaning is complete, rinse the grout with hot water.
- Once the cleaning is complete, allow the grout to air-dry for 24 hours.
- Apply silicone-based grout sealer over the grout to prevent further stains.
- In case of high-traffic and footfall areas, reapply the grout cleaners every eighteen months.
- Clean grout improves the look and extends the life of the tile.
Grout Cleaning Service Nearby
Tiles are delicate objects. They can easily get scratches or break while cleaning. The grouts which are the tiny lines adjoining the tiles can easily accumulate dirt, dust and other particles. Cleaning them usually takes a lot of time. And no matter how well we try, theirs is always some dirt still left. These hard to reach spaces are also very small to clean. Hence, it is best to take the help of a professional. You need not waste so much of time as Mark’s Tile And Grout Cleaning is your one stop solution for all cleaning related needs. They specialize in grout cleaning services. The methods and equipment they use are of superior quality. They make sure than even the tiniest of spaces are super clean.
You can easily get in touch with them by calling them on their 1800 287 709 anytime. Also you don’t need to worry about quality while availing their services. All you need to do is rest and let them do their job. They claim of bringing a smile to your face which is true. You can totally rely on them to make your grouts and tiles shining like new. They also take due care of the hygiene while doing the work.